Wednesday, February 16, 2011

BOOK!

Alright you tenaciously creative monsters: I have made some very important decisions and commitments about my writing lately, and it is damn well time that I build them a sail for exploring the quivering wave-tips of the internet.

The most exciting development is that I have decided I want to work on compiling a book. I have enough poems that I feel proud enough of, or feel I could wrangle into something I am very proud of, that I have realized it's time to build my boat for bigger leagues. I still plan on putting together another chapbook by the end of next month.
I see this as something that will be helpful in my word-winnowing process. It will be like a pre-publishing and I will ask folks for feedback about what I have put out already.
My throat gets lovely jitters when I think about this project. I have a few presses already in mind and don't want to think to horribly seriously about where to send this book which I have yet to form. But if you or somebody you know has a potential lead on a publisher which would be amenable to my work, style, and personality, please send me some info!

Development number 2 is mainly on the jobfront. I have decided (with some help from an incredible new acquaintance!) to apply for jobs in the tech writing field. I have previously let myself feel incompetent and intimidated about these kinds of jobs but well, screw that. I have a bitchin' handle on the written word and would like to be on the market for those skills specifically. Move over Grammar Nazis, I'm aiming to be Mother Teresa with my red pen (instead of a rosary).

Development #3 is more of an update. I am once again redoubling my efforts toward getting writers together. Last weekend I treated myself to a delicious writing group with a group of writers in Olympia (I moved away 5 months ago) and I was so deeply inspired that I NEED to make more space in my current town (Seattle) for writers to breathe out loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment