Friday, January 14, 2011

It's been a while:

And since then I have really only developed a batch of fantasies about getting paid for poems. They include but are not limited too:
Busking with my typewriter ($5 for min. 10 lines on one subject/person)
Getting commissions to write poems (same rules as above excepting that more each subject beyond the 1rst is an extra $)
And
Having folks who subscribe to a Poem of the Month, in which, at the end of every month I would select the best poem of the 28-31 written, type it up on marbled paper with my typewriter, sign it date it and send it off via ye olde post. ($5 per month)

Oh how I wish this could be a reality.

2 comments:

  1. I actually think busking with your typewriter is really creative -- Seattleites would go for it. And the Poem of the Month thing might take off, although I suspect most of your current audience wouldn't be able to pay much for a subscription. Speaking from personal experience. :(
    ~Nicol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where would you suggest doing it though? The little experience I have had busking and my minuscule knowledge of the Seattle area in general are against me in this regard.

    ReplyDelete